Friday, November 27, 2009

Cheap and chill: Japanese People Watching

If there's one thing I absolutely love doing in Tokyo it's people watching. It's a great way to soak in the culture for sure, just watching people pass by.

I *loved* this outfit!

Young Japanese women, imho, have the best taste in fashion and also the best bodies for them. Sure they're short (which goes against western standards) but it just makes their short skirts look even cuter with their big hair and dramatically done eyes. Most westerners are critical of how skimpy they dress. However when I look at them, I simply see stylish, sexy beautiful women.

Anyway, I actually went into that big Starbucks (which for the record is way too expensive there but the special drinks are still less than 400 yen) that I had photographed and posted on one of my entries from last year and sat there drinking a jelly frappucino, just in a daze from watching all the different types of people and styles at the crazy Shibuya crossing.

Here are some photos:





It's a lot more interesting in real life! I didn't want to take too many pictures and have people think I'm some sort of weirdo. I wasn't about to play the dumb tourist card either.

But fun fact: The big window where I was sitting on the second floor of that Shibuya Starbucks was where one of the cameramen for Lost in Translation was sitting to get that shot of the Shibuya street crossing in the movie!

Lost in Translation happens to be my favorite film ever.

How awesome is that? :-) I was at a filming location...for freeeeeee!

No comments: