Friday, November 27, 2009

The best souvenirs are free. And do you know what they are?


No not trucks!
No not sleeping-at-the-wheel truck drivers!


The answer: Photos! The best souvenirs are photos! And yes, they are free!


Really?

Really!

Photos capture real moments and are the most authentic thing to get out of your trip you can give someone to let them peek into your experience.

Here are some of my favorite photos I took with my simple point and shoot camera:

Yes. It is what you think it is. Everything in Tokyo is adorable.

Harry Potter movie poster in Japanese. I took this in Roppongi Hills.

This is actually a photo someone else took of me. I was at the Yebisu Beer Museum (yes I HAD to go there again!) and in the gallery of their poster ads throughout the years!


It doesn't get any better than this. What I would do is print this out when I get back to the states and put it in a frame that I would've gotten from the 100 yen store! That way, the recepient of the souvenir gets both a shallow souvenir but also a real souvenir that almost takes them to where you were by looking through your eyes that day...through the photograph.

No comments: