Friday, November 27, 2009

The Japanese Toilet: A free experience in itself


This is not a joke. Using a Japanese toilet is almost pleasurable. I am an American and I know that we are very blessed to have great plumbing and Western toilets but the Japanese have really outdone themselves.

Google the Japanese bathroom (or Japanese toilet I should say) and you will see why it is so great. When I was in Japan the first time it was SO cold and I'd literally go into a McDonald's in Ebisu and sit on the toilet just to get warm! Yes, their seats warm your butt! Well your thighs I mean! Oh but speaking of butts, they wash your butt too! Omg, so awesome. It *is* rather gross how Americans just use toilet paper.

If you think about it, you do a #2 and just wipe it off with toilet paper? So you're basically walking around with dry poo around your u-know. Yeah, it's pretty gross.

But my FAVORITE was this, something I found on my last trip:


See the object on the right side? That's a device that plays running water sound effects so that it blocks the sound of what YOU'RE doing so that it isn't awkward and/or embarassing for whoever else is in that public bathroom!

Oh man...one hasn't experienced a real toilet until they've experienced a Japanese Toilet. And you can do it for...0 yen!

No comments: