Thursday, April 10, 2008

Shopping at the 100 yen store

It's raining in Tokyo right now. Drats! What does this mean? Roam around aimlessly and get lost! Well sorta. Steph and I encountered a 100 yen store here! If you don't know, 100 yen is equivalent to about a dollar. So the 100 yen store is like the dollar store.


"Wow, but I thought everything in Japan was expensive!" they all said...

Now, the 100 yen store should actually be called the 105 yen store because everything is 105 yen. There were so many things in there for a buck like packed soup, hamburger flavored chips, umbrellas, chopsticks, and a bunch of random stuff were only 100 yen! Seriously, you can even get batteries here for 105 yen. Hmm, the only thing they should make available would be a flask though. I really want one of those! Haha, but yeah, they even have canned sardines and that kind of stuff.




So what did I buy today? Well, I didn't want to buy too much stuff. I bought three sets of chopsticks for my aunt, one for my mom, and one for my apartment. I also got a laptop sleeve! It all cost me 105 yen each! That's less than $5 dude! Yay!

So next time you're in Japan, check it out. The 100 yen store rocks! And stop being misinformed. Japan is not that damn expensive. It's only clueless ass tourists that get ripped off. I mean if you're paying $5 for a soda pop then...

Yeah.

Be smart. Shop around. But once you're in Tokyo, you'd be surprised as to how affordable things are here.



1 comment:

Cassie said...

That's one great thing about japan shopping spree.. You don't have to bring a lot of money or you don't need to have a big budget just to get the greatest treats and souvenirs.. :)